The campaign to create a GMO-Free Zone in Los Angeles is on!
Here's how you can help:
1. Circulate petitions. The letter is directed to members of Los Angeles City Council. Sign it, and ask your friends and neighbors to sign. Full voters-registration contact information is necessary to make the signatures count. We are especially seeking signatures from areas of the City of Los Angeles that are not in West LA.
- download petition (space for 5 signatures)
- en español (próximamente)
- download a handout that explains more about the initiative (formatted for 2-sided 8.5 x 5.5 copies)
2. Volunteer. SeedFreedomLA is coordinating people to go to farmers markets and community gardens in specific areas of the city, to collect signatures on the petition. If you can help do this, please contact us.
3. Return the petitions. Petitions are being collected by one of our coalition members, the Environmental Change-Makers. All signatures need to be turned in by October 15, 2013 in order to count for the current effort. You can mail or deliver the original copies (with original signatures) to:
Environmental Change-Makers, 6700 West 83rd, Los Angeles, CA 90045.